Sunday, March 9, 2008

My job is amazing. My life contstantly presents itself. At my wedding, when my maid of honor gave her speech, she said something that's true, I see things differently. Like in a movie, I'll be the only one that notices something is on a shelf in one frame and then it's not there in the next. Going to photography school, learning to use film and seeing the images come to life in a darkroom only increased my awareness of seeing things differently, documenting them and presenting them to other people, either in a gallery or to clients.

Being hired to photograph a wedding is one of the most respectable jobs. I truly believe this. You are hiring me, my vision, my ability to see things and translating your monumental day through photographs. Having a photographer be with you, your friends, your family for an entire day, I get to photograph endless love, beauty, details, moments and deliver to you a story. I love when someone pulls me aside and says the sentence that makes me smile every time, "So you are the photographer?" (as if my 2 cameras around my neck didn't already give it away :) )

Yesterday was no different. I smiled the whole day I was involved in Molly and Adam's wedding day. The evening ended as most do, family and friends on the dance floor. But my night ended at this wedding with the song, "Girls just want to have fun", the bouquet just being tossed, an awesome band singing their hearts out, an intense light shining through the girls on the floor...and I smiled as I took my last shot of the night.

I will post more later, but just wanted to share 1 quick image.

No comments: