Sunday, March 30, 2008

Busy like a bee

So much going on, so much in store! I could write a novel.

When I decided to pursue my photography full time, I knew it would be hard work, needing an open mind and complete dedication to an entity. This last month has been a total whirlwind. And as March has come and gone, April will be more eventful and monumentous than any other month this year could bring.

As many of you know, I have been raising money for an organization in Louisiana, www.stbernardproject.org. After many phone calls and discussions with the organization, I'm heading down next Thursday, April 3rd, returning to MN on April 11th. I'll be staying at Camp Hope, an empty elementary school. So far, we have 3 days filled with portraits to take. The families who've received homes from the St. Bernard Project will be my photographic subjects. I'm more than excited to hear their stories and photograph their families.

I will be showing photographs at a friend's gallery downtown Minneapolis at the Traffic Zone April 19th, which is an insane turn around, as I return to Minneapolis April 11th.

I'm in the middle of creating a newsletter to send out to clients, family and friends explaining the project and when and where you can view photographs.

Hope you are all well and take care!
Erica

No comments: