Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Devotchka!!!

There's a few things in this world that get me to an elevated point of happiness.
Tie for first place: Coffee and Chocolate
second place: not being color blind, seeing the color blue is just the best
third place: seeing my dogs play

but above and beyond almost all things is music. I mean, I love photography, but music just does something.

Shameless plug goes here: Devotchka is coming back to Minneapolis May 7th, tickets go on sale this Friday March 7th, playing at 1st Ave. If you don't know who they are, try them out and you'll be glad you did! I can't even generalize their style, it's a cross between old 40's tunes, an orchestra, blues, folk and a mixture of rock and big band in between.

Here's a few images from their website that barely showcase their being:


Isn't he dreamy?





So if you looking for music, it's $19.50 for a great show, amazing music and great ambiance. My husband and I love them, hope to see you there!

1 comment:

joe said...

I totally love their cover of "Venus in Furs".....they have a new album coming out any day now, I believe.