Friday, May 9, 2008

Meet My Friend Liz, CNN's 2008 Hero of the YEAR recipient


If you have a second, take a look at the below link.

My new friend, Liz McCartney, founder and head of the St. Bernard Project in Louisiana was honored with a nomination for CNN's 2008 Hero of the year award.
Within the article below are 3 videos you must watch.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/05/08/heroes.mccartney/index.html


I met Liz while photographing in Louisiana earlier in April of this year. Many of you participated in a fundraiser I did back in February of this year. Proceeds from the fundraiser went to the St. Bernard Project. I have updated my blog with images from my trip and will be updating more.

Liz and I spoke this morning about completing a cookbook filled with photographs of survivors, their Louisiana style favorite recipes along with their stories of survival. Proceeds from the sale of books will go directly back to the St. Bernard Project. I feel so lucky to have been given the opportunity to meet Liz and hear her and her husband's stories.

Thanks for letting me share this amazing triumph!

No comments: