Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Before and After

I got an email today that was interesting, a compliment and wanted to share. "How does an image look in camera versus finished images" was the question. Sometimes, it's perfect. Honestly! I try to stay as true to the real deal as possible. For example, if it's sunny sunny sun sun outside, I'll use the sun to my benefit. Loves when it makes beams all over my images, love when it gives that warm, interesting, "ray of light" effect. Inside a church, the light that comes through a stained glass window may cast a light that's a colorful combination. Sometimes it just looks so wonderful as is, I prefer not to modify it.

The following images are great examples of this:

Before:


I can tell this image has potential to make an emotional pull. So I take it to a different level. Sometimes that's what it takes, seeing the potential in something and using it for an "emotional pull" I would say.

After:


AS Is:(Look at that beautiful sun beam that ran across the image! This image is "out of camera".)


So thanks for the compliments from a fellow blogger. I hope you see your images for their true graces and use them without overusing them!

No comments: